Via Thomas Lumley at Stats Chat.
Relative risk of new episodes of state-led mass killing in 2013, according to an ensemble of statistical models based on country-year data.
Countries in red had ongoing episodes at the start of the year. Darker grey means higher risk.
For more info on this work and the upcoming early-warning system it will inform, see this APSA 2013 paper of mine.
- Write an academic paper.
- Make it freely available on an open access repo.
- Host the extra files (data, appendix etc.) on Google Drive.
- If there’s code, host it on GitHub.
- Advertise on Tumblr by picture, quote, whatever.
- Get actually read by academics of all sorts.
Also, my eye caught that, for some reason: